As I Slither (cover) As I Slither (cover)

Good one sir. The drums are a bit too loud compared to the guitars but everything else is great. Keep 'em coming.

Rated A Rated A

Oh, this is nice... The only thing I would change is to record the guitars with double tracking... Now they sound like you recorded them in mono. But this is lovely.

That Was Fun That Was Fun

This is interesting... I like the guitar tones, but the drums don't really fit in, or at least that's how it sounds to me, bro. The snare is weird. The bass drum, when you're "running" it's pretty much covered by everything else... Maybe it was on purpose, then my comment is useless. Other than that this is kinda cool.

nomosubu responds:

newbie sound producer = me ....haha.... lots to learn.......and thank you for the honest review

Restless Chaos Restless Chaos

I love it... but there's a passage from "where dead angels lie" (that's way I took away 0.5, maybe this is a medley kinda song, that's all I could recognize). And another thing is that the bass guitar is too in the front and the opened hi hat... but the snare, crashes and kick drums sounds good. Kudos to who mixed this song.

Shmokko responds:

the passage is indeed from "where dead angels lie", but it's acoustic and the tempo is slower. It is kinda ment as a cameo for Jon, as this song is a tribute. I agree about the bass. I was planning on recording it, but i had problems with my bass guitar. I did the bass in Reason instead, and it turned out a little boomy. The hihat is a vanilla DKFH sample, aswell as the rest of the drumkit. I am not a big fan of those samples, but i added equal reverb to all the parts of the drumkit, and it ended up much better imo. I didn't really put that much effort into the mixing, but i find it much easier to mix acoustic music, so it turned out pretty neat. Thanks for the feedback :)

Melodramatic Choir Melodramatic Choir

This is nice... what did you used for the choir?

Shmokko responds:

This actually consist of two native Reason 4 patches, one panned to the left and one to the right. The one panned to the right is called "FEMALEAHHH.smp" and the other, panned to the left is "female choir.thor". I also added some reverb to both of them, plus some minor tweaks. I can send the Reason save to you if you want.

Vaniardur - Numenor Vaniardur - Numenor

What an epic tune, dude! I thought I'm gonna hear some folk metal tune, but this is pretty close to what Summoning does. Didn't heared many other bands trin' to make music in this manner.

Halindir responds:

Thank you very much PENTAhazardous!
Indeed Summoning has been a great inspiration for me, for my medieval-metal tracks, though I hope I didn't "rip off" their "style" or whatever.

Vaniardur - Lost Wisdom Vaniardur - Lost Wisdom

Actually, just for the fact that is your interpretation of the song and it's better than mine :) ...your version is closer to a funeral doom song... another genre dear to me... What did you used for the drumkit, real drums or some software? I really enjoyed this one.

Halindir responds:

Drum samples drippled in reverb :)

Also thank you very much PENTAhazadous!

this is worship this is worship

Nice

Me likes raw stuff and this one is in that department... Probably with a good sound this would be some melo-death... I can hear some interesting themes in there, and the guy from drums keeps the tempo perfectly, also the guitars do... guess you rehearsed a lot this song. Keep 'em coming, and stay brutal!

ian6 responds:

ohm this isnt my band, i forgot to mention that in the description lol, its a friends band, but ill tell them what you said, theyll be psyced yo here that someone gave em a ten

Chorus Diaboli (with vocals) Chorus Diaboli (with vocals)

Oh man...

This is some real shit... Got no problem with the vocals, but maybe you should use some de-esser plugin or something... to eliminate the too present "hissing"... There's also a bit of a problem on the drums which are a bit too compressed I guess. Other than that this is pretty much a kick ass song. The choir is excellent and the musical theme it sings also. What did you used for it? I was expecting on these heavy guitars something more close to extreme metal drumming... and I was quite surprised by that ..."oriental metal" pattern at the start :) and the more industrial like... that follows. Anyway, this is really something... has some dimension... Keep it up!

Lashmush responds:

I made the choirs with Miroslav Philharmonik. I've considered de-essers but I think it reduces the raw metal feel of the tracks too much. It's not really "easy-listening" music. :3

Thanks for the review.

NewTestBuzzy NewTestBuzzy

Good

Sounds good man... a la Draconian... Wanna here the full song when you're done with it.